Tick Tock, Tick Tock!
The clock is ticking and it’s time to start using TikTok for your business. But first, let’s get to know the platform, its importance, and how to use it to your brand’s advantage.
What (is) TikTok?
“The mobile video destination,” also known as TikTok, is a short video sharing app that allows users to create and share short videos (15 seconds) on any given topic and has its own features, such as mixing music with filters and its unique editing effects.
Initially, TikTok was known for its quick-paced dance and lip-sync videos. Later, TikoTokers used the platform to discuss critical issues and educate their followers on multiple topics. In addition, brands and businesses also utilize the platform to promote and advertise their brand
Well, let’s put it this way: TikTok is the fastest growing and most popular app in the world, yes those are facts.
And because facts require numbers, take a look at these statistics:
- TikTok has 1 billion monthly active users.
- Of the 4.8 billion Internet users in the world, 20.83% use TikTok.
- Of the 4.48 billion active social media users, 22.32% use TikTok regularly.
- TikTok is the most engaging social media app, with an average session time of 10.85 minutes.
- In 2019, the time spent on TikTok reached a whopping 68 billion hours.
- TikTok grew 325% in 2020, and monthly time spent per user also grew faster than any other app.
- TikTok is the most downloaded app on the Apple App Store.
- TikTok has seen a 1157.76% increase in its global user base from January 2018 to July 2020.
- TikTok has been downloaded 3 billion times and was the most downloaded non-gaming app in the first 6 months of 2021.
- TikTok was launched in 2016 and ranked as the 4th most downloaded social media app in 2022.
- TikTok is now available in 154 countries around the world and comes in 75 different languages.
How (to) TikTok?
Now, with all this information in mind, how can you use TikTok for your business?
Using marketing on TikTok can help your business in many areas, including brand awareness, increasing engagement with your audience, direct contact and feedback from your customers, and selling and promoting your products and services, so how do you market on TikTok?
Marketing on TikTok is the art of using TikTok to advertise your brand. It consists of different tactics, such as developing organic trending content, TikTok ads, and working with influencers.
The first step to using any of these tactics is to create a business TikTok account for your brand. Then, you can decide to start with your own content, such as sharing with your audience the process of making your products, your daily life in the office or you can participate in viral challenges, etc.
You can also choose to use TikTok ads such as In-feed ads, image ads, video ads, Spark ads, Pangle ads, Carousel ads, and more (yes, there are more ad features on TikTok!).
The third option for your TikTok marketing is to collaborate with influencers, and TikTok is THE home of the most popular influencers, who have millions of users that watch their content on a daily basis, you can select the right Influencer based on their age, location, language, type of content and number of followers.
Need help with your TikTok Marketing? Our team of experts at Nfinity8 got you covered!
Talk to us here!